Halloween programming is all over TV this month (see our full roundup here), and AMC’s annual Fear Fest event kicks off with the premiere of a new documentary series celebrating the genre and also includes marathons all your favorite genre franchises.
Fear Fest 2018 begins on Sunday, Oct. 14 and runs through Halloween night, Oct. 31.
The new seven-part series Eli Roth’s History of Horror premieres on Sunday, Oct. 14 at midnight (technically 12am on Monday, Oct. 15). A special slasher-themed two-part episode premieres Sunday, October 21 at midnight (12am on Oct. 22) and continues Monday, October 22 at 10pm.
Here are some of the notable highlights of AMC Fear Fest 2018 (via Bloody-Disgusting):
- Halloween Marathon – features Halloween 1-6, Halloween H20: 20 Years Later and Halloween(2007). Airs the following days:
- Sunday, 10/14 7:29a-7:34p. Features the 40th Anniversary of Halloween.
- Thursday, 10/18 9a-5:40a and Friday, 10/19 9a-11:35p.
- Monday, 10/29 – Wednesday, 10/31 9a-5:45a.
- Exorcist Marathon – airs Monday, 10/15 8p-3:55a. Features The Exorcist II, III and the 45thAnniversary of The Exorcist.
- Day of the Undead Marathon – airs Tuesday, 10/16 11:20a-10p. Features 28 Days Later, Shaun of the Dead, Day of the Dead, Return of the Living Dead and the 25th Anniversary of Army of Darkness.
- AMC Double Feature: Chucky – airs Wednesday, 10/17 8p-12:10a. Features Curse of Chuckyand Cult of Chucky.
- Stephen King Marathon – airs Saturday, 10/20 6:30a-5:45a. Features Silver Bullet, Thinner, Misery, The Mist, Firestarter, The Dead Zone, Graveyard Shift, 1408, Carrie and the 35thAnniversary of Christine.
- Slasher-thon – airs Monday, 10/22 9a-10p and Tuesday, 10/23 9a-12:10a. Features Halloween H20: 20 Years Later, Halloween (2007), Friday the 13th (2009), Curse of Chucky, Cult of Chucky, Wes Craven’s New Nightmare, House of Wax, Scream 4, The Gallows, Freddy’s Dead: The Final Nightmare, Candyman: Farewell to the Flesh and the premieres of Final Destination 2 and 3.
- AMC Premiere Event: Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter – premieres Wednesday, 10/24 at 8p.
- Demons Inside Marathon – airs Thursday, 10/25 10a-3:40a. Features Annabelle, Exorcist II-III, The Exorcism of Emily Rose, The Omen (2006), Prince of Darkness and the 45th Anniversary of The Exorcist.
- Hellraiser Marathon – airs Friday, 10/26 9a-12:30a. Features Hellraiser, Hellraiser III, Hellraiser: Revelations and the premieres of Hellraiser IV-VIII.
- Friday the 13th Marathon – airs Saturday, 10/27 5p-6a and Sunday, 10/28 6a-5:23p. Features Friday the 13th I-IX and Friday the 13th (2009).
You can see the full schedule for Fear Fest 2018 at AMC’s official website.
For more Halloween news, follow @HalloweenDaily.