This year’s legacy sequel The Exorcist: Believer comes home on Digital streaming platforms and physical media in December, including a feature length commentary track with director David Gordon Green and six new behind the scenes featurettes revealed this week. Read on for the official press release.
Discover what makes Blumhouse’s The Exorcist: Believer horrifying with never-before-seen bonus content available on Digital and on 4K UHD, Blu-ray, and DVD, from Universal Pictures Home Entertainment. The all-new bonus content with cast and filmmaker interviews gives a behind-the-scenes look at making the film, including editing an exorcism, the stages of possession, and featured commentary.
Fifty years after the most terrifying horror film shocked the world, The Exorcist: Believer, from Blumhouse and Morgan Creek, directly follows the groundbreaking original 1973 film.
Since his wife’s death, Victor (Leslie Odom Jr.) has raised his daughter Angela (Lidya Jewett) alone. After Angela and her friend (Olivia O’Neill) return from a three-day disappearance with missing memories, they begin displaying frightening behavior. Victor’s best hope is to find the only person who has seen anything like this before: Chris MacNeil (Ellen Burstyn), whose haunting experience with her daughter Regan may be the key to combating ultimate evil.
Directed by David Gordon Green (Halloween, Prince Avalanche), The Exorcist: Believer stars Leslie Odom Jr. (Hamilton, One Night in Miami), Ann Dowd (Hereditary, Compliance), Jennifer Nettles (Harriet), Norbert Leo Butz (Dan in Real Life, Give or Take), Lidya Jewett (Hidden Figures, Good Girls), Olivia O’Neill, and Ellen Burstyn (Requiem for a Dream). reprising her iconic role as Chris MacNeil from the original 1974 classic The Exorcist.
BONUS FEATURES on 4K UHD, BLU-RAYTM, DVD AND DIGITAL:
- MAKING A BELIEVER – Filmmakers and cast reveal their collective approach to bringing differing perspectives into this drama about synchronized possessions.
- ELLEN AND LINDA: REUNITED – The Exorcist: Believer expertly weaves the fates of Chris and Regan MacNeil into its story. Witness a moment of cinema history as these two Hollywood icons meet on-set for the first time in years.
- STAGES OF POSESSION – Hear from Lidya Jewett, Olivia O’Neill, and special makeup FX designer Christopher Nelson as they discuss the physical and mental changes the girls go through as they advance through the possession.
- THE OPENING – The first scene of the film takes place in Haiti, a location far from the rest of the story. Filmmakers and star Leslie Odom, Jr. discuss how this scene sets up the rest of the film.
- EDITING AN EXORCISM – The Exorcist: Believer culminates with a riveting exorcism scene featuring all the main characters. Director David Gordon Green and editor Tim Alverson explore the challenges of editing such a big scene.
- MATTERS OF FAITH – Experts in theology weigh in on how they consulted filmmakers to ensure depictions of the religious ceremonies in the film were as accurate as possible.
- FEATURE COMMENTARY – with co-writer/director David Gordon Green, executive producer Ryan Turek, co-writer Peter Sattler, and special makeup FX designer Christopher Nelson.
*Paid links: We may earn a commission from qualifying purchases made through affiliate links in this article, which helps to support the continued operation of Halloween Daily News.
For more Halloween news, follow @HalloweenDaily.