TV Guide’s ‘ReMIND’ Magazine Celebrates ‘Halloween’ Franchise this October
TV Guide‘s pop culture magazine ReMIND will celebrate John Carpenter’s 1978 classic Halloween and the unkillable franchise it spawned with a special issue to be released this fall.
Celebrating all 43 years of the Halloween movie franchise, the special super-sized October collector’s issue of ReMIND Magazine is available now for pre-order at www.HalloweenREMIND.com.
Announced today on Facebook, filmmaker Justin Beahm is guest editing this special collector’s issue, assembling a who’s who in horror to revel in the 1978 original and the slasher funhouse that followed. In addition to interviews with John Carpenter and David Gordon Green, there are stories on Halloween collectibles, the film music of John Carpenter, the most famous mask in horror, and more.
Bloody Disgusting further revealed that contributors to the issue include:
- Malek Akkad Halloween series producer, Trancas International Films
- Chris Alexander Ex-Fangoria magazine editor, producer at Full Moon Pictures
- Nat Brehmer Film historian, Wicked Horror
- BJ Colangelo Film historian, What To Watch
- Michael Dougherty Director, Trick ‘r Treat, Krampus
- Anthony C. Ferrante Sharknado series director, journalist
- Justin Mabry Master mask sculptor, Trick or Treat Studios
- Ben Scrivens Owner, Fright Rags clothing and collectible company
- Jerry Smith Film historian, Dread Central
- Heather Wixson Film historian, Daily Dead News
- Chris Zephro Owner, Trick or Treat Studios
Features in the issue include:
- Interview with John Carpenter on the making and legacy of Halloween
- The twists and turns of the Halloween franchise
- How John Carpenter changed the cinema soundscape
- The story behind the most famous mask in horror
- The evolution of Halloween collectibles
- The misunderstood legacy of Halloween III
- How Nick Castle influenced a generation of madmen as Michael Myers
- Interview with director David Gordon Green on Halloween Kills
- And more!
The press release (via BD) explains, “This year’s cover artwork hearkens back to the stark simplicity of the original Halloween, the movie that kicked off the beloved franchise, while honoring ReMIND’s dedication to celebrating popular culture from decades past. ReMIND is also offering Halloween fans the chance to step into the magazine’s pages by contributing photos of themselves in costume that may appear in the issue.”
The special Halloween Edition of ReMIND is available for pre-order now at HalloweenREMIND.com and will be available at retail beginning September 28th.
You can view the cover art below.
For more Halloween news, follow @HalloweenDaily.