Disney Parks resumed their annual Halfway to Halloween celebration this week, kicking off on Monday and set to culminate on Thursday with lots of new reveals, surprises, and announcements.
We’ve reached the halfway point to Halloween, and this year Disney is celebrating like never before with a series of wickedly wonderful surprises leading up to a full day of #HalfwayToHalloween fun and spellbinding Disney Parks announcements this Thursday, April 28.
According to the official press release, the first of a cauldron full of #HalfwaytoHalloween surprises will materialized this morning from the kitchens of Disney Parks, unearthing some dreadfully delicious Halloween-inspired eats and treats at Walt Disney World Resort and Disneyland Resort (see them below).
And then, less than 24 hours later, they’ll be digging up another early must-see treat with a hauntingly helpful Halloween-themed At-Home Planning Guide.
On Wednesday, there’s more to come during a special @DisneyParks Twitter Watch Party featuring the Halloween classic Hocus Pocus on Disney+ (fingers crossed for a first look at Hocus Pocus 2). Bring your favorite snacks and join in live on Twitter on April 27 beginning at 8:00 p.m. ET/5:00 p.m. PT. They will also be sharing new Disney Halloween-inspired digital wallpaper art earlier in the day- created especially for the occasion.
During the big, daylong #HalfwaytoHalloween celebration on Thursday, it’s nothing but treats as they share several frightfully fantastic Disney Parks Halloween and other spooky announcements that you won’t want to miss. And Disney Parks will be your ghost host for a first-of-its-kind @DisneyParks TikTok Live beginning Thursday at 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT. It’ll be the first time they’re live from multiple Disney Parks locations, including Disney Cruise Line featuring some fa-boo-lous surprises. You can also expect some mummy-approved “shriek peek” surprises, a new Hocus Pocus Sanderson Sisters-inspired look for all of our Disney Parks channels, and much more.
During the #HalfwaytoHalloween celebration on Thursday, April 28, they’re inviting guests at Disney Parks to Disney bound in outfits inspired by their favorite Disney Halloween character, film, attraction, or theme – costumes are not allowed and please follow the attire guidelines at each Disney resort location.* Disney bounding is all about creativity and can include accessories, color schemes, patterns that highlight your Disney Halloween favorites.
Keep watching Halloween Daily News throughout the week to stay updated on all of the eerily awesome Halloween-related announcements, experiences, and updates from Disney Parks. Happy #HalfwayToHalloween!
Now check out those new Halloween eats and treats coming to Disney Parks in 2022 below.
From sinister sweets to ghoulish goodies, there are some must-have items you need to try.
These eats are sure to put a spell on you with tasty flavors and adorable eats. See the return of favorites like the Sister’s Elixir Hot Cocoa Bomb at The Ganachery at Walt Disney World Resort or the Spooky Churro from California Churro at Disneyland Resort. And be on the lookout for some new tricks and treats from Gideon’s Bakehouse at Disney Springs, including exclusive trading cards to collect.
The time has come to dust the cobwebs off your candy bag because here are the eats and treats for Halfway to Halloween!
Downtown Disney District
Blue Ribbon Corn Dogs (available April 28 through May 1)
- Cheddar Pickle Dog: The pickle dog sprinkled with cheddar cheese for a pop of orange to celebrate Halloween
California Churro (available April 27 through May 4)
- Spooky Churro: A churro rolled in cinnamon sugar cut in half, drizzled with peanut butter and chocolate sauce, and topped with yummy peanut butter candy pieces in seasonal colors
Walt Disney World Resort
Magic Kingdom Park
Sleepy Hollow (available April 28 through August 13)
- Lady on the Gravestone 50th Chilling Chamber Pop: Citrus cake crumbs, raspberry buttercream, and blue crisp pearls (New)
Available at Liberty Square Popcorn Cart and Various Outdoor Vending Carts (available April 28 through May 1)
- Jack Skellington Popcorn Bucket (Limit two per, person per transaction while supplies last)
The Ganachery (available April 28 through May 1)
- Sister’s Elixir Hot Cocoa Bomb: Dark chocolate cauldron filled with hot cocoa mix and marshmallows topped with an edible image of the Sanderson Sisters and a chocolate broom stirrer
Gideon’s Bakehouse (available April 28 through May 1)
Get an exclusive trading card during Halfway to Halloween. Each four and six cookie box will feature one of the sixteen cards, plus be on the lookout for a bonus card for those waiting in line featuring Barnabas Mephistophelittle! (Limit of one per person while supplies last)
- Pumpkin Spice Shadow Cakes: Chocolate-dipped spice cakes with a pumpkin buttercream filling (New)
- Frankenstein Cake Slices: A three-layer chocolate cake covered in cookies and cream buttercream and loaded with M&M’s
- Valentina Cake: Classic red velvet cake covered in a light and fluffy cookies and cream marshmallow buttercream
Available at Various Outdoor Vending Carts in West Side (available April 28 through May 1)
- Mickey Mummy Popcorn Bucket (Limit two per, person per transaction while supplies last)
Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa (available April 28 through May 1)
- Hocus Pocus “Amuck” Cakes: Rich devil’s food cake with “peanut boo-tter” filling decorated to resemble all three Sanderson Sisters
For more Halloween news, follow @HalloweenDaily.