‘Maximum Overdrive’ Rolls onto New Steelbook Blu-ray in May
Written and directed by legendary horror author Stephen King, 1986’s Maximum Overdrive is getting new Steelbook Blu-ray release this May.
Featuring music from iconic rock band AC/DC, this release marks the first time the film will be available as a collectible SteelBook.
The official synopsis: Get ready for the ultimate battle of man vs. bloodthirsty machine in this terrifying Stephen King classic! For three horrifying days, the Earth passes through the tail of a mysterious comet. The skies glow an eerie green as humanity waits to see what the fallout will be. But what they imagine is nothing like the nightmare they find — the comet’s magnetic fields cause all the machines on Earth to suddenly come to life and terrorize their human creators in a horrific killing spree. Now, it’s up to a small group of people trapped in a desolate truck stop to defeat the killer machines — or be killed by them!
- Audio Commentary with Writer Tony Magistrale, Author of Hollywood’s Stephen King
- Audio Commentary by Actor & Comedian Jonah Ray and Blumhouse Film Executive Ryan Turek
- “Truck Stop Tales”— An Interview with Producer Martha De Laurentiis“Rage Against the Machines”— An Interview with Actress Laura Harrington
- “Honeymoon Horrors”— Interviews with Actor John Short and Actress Yeardley Smith
- “Maximum Carnage”— An Interview with Make-Up Effects Creator Dean Gates
- “A Kid in King’s Court”— An Interview with Actor Holter Graham
- “The Wilmington Factor”— A Look Back at the Filming of Maximum Overdrive with Members of the Production Crew in North Carolina
- “Who Made Who?”— An Interview with Murray Engleheart, Co-Author of AC/DC: Maximum Rock & Roll
- “Goblin Resurrectus”— The Restoration of the Happy Toyz Goblin
- Behind-the-Scenes Footage
- Still Gallery
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
Maximum Overdrive arrives as a Blu-ray + Digital SteelBook on May 30, from Lionsgate.
You can see the cover art below, as well as our exclusive interview with the owner of the original screen-used Green Goblin head from Maximum Overdrive.
For more Halloween news, follow @HalloweenDaily.