Hulu Announces Huluween 2020 Programming
Hulu has announced all of the Halloween and horror programming airing during the streaming network’s annual Huluween event this October, as well as an immersive online haunt experience.
Read on for the full Huluween 2020 press release.
Huluween is back and spookier than ever. Horror fans can celebrate the third year of Hulu’s annual Halloween event with a full slate of nail-biting new Hulu Originals, a devilish drive-in movie theater event and an online Halloween immersive experience for fans to enjoy from home.
As the ultimate destination for Halloween lovers to “Scream it Out,” the Huluween content hub now has more titles than ever before. Highlighting the most spooktacular content on the service, the hub includes hand-picked collections of the best Halloween content including three feature collections: “Screamy as Hell,” for the most haunted fans, “Spooky not Scary,” for the viewers who are ready to have a fright, but still sleep at night and “Humorous Horror,” featuring light-hearted Halloween fun.
More than six billion minutes of Huluween programming were watched last year,* underscoring Hulu viewers’ love for fright-filled content — and as no surprise, October ranks as the #1 month for engagement around the horror genre on Hulu. To give fans more of the thrills and chills they love, Hulu will showcase brand-new horrifying Hulu Originals and 30 bone-chilling Bite Size Halloween short films. The series of short genre films – from horror comedy to psychological thrillers – provides a platform for emerging filmmakers at 20th Digital Studio. Hulu will also feature a myriad of library content highlighting all of the Halloween episodes and films on the service.
Five New Frightening Hulu Original Series and Films
• Based on the collection of stories from Nathan Ballingrud’s “North American Lake Monsters,” upcoming eight part anthology Monsterland begins streaming on Hulu on October 2nd.
• Books of Blood joins Hulu’s slate of Originals on October 7th, taking inspiration from Clive Barker’s acclaimed and influential series about a journey into uncharted and forbidden territory.
• On October 16th, viewers can stream the horror-filled first season of Hulu Original Helstrom. The series brings the Marvel comics to life and follows the son and daughter of a mysterious and powerful serial killer as they track down the worst of humanity.
• Rounding out the impressive slate of terrifying Originals this October is the highly anticipated horror satire film out of Sundance Bad Hair, debuting October 23rd. Set in 1989, the movie follows an ambitious young woman (Elle Lorraine) who discovers that her hair may have a mind of its own.
• Hulu viewers looking to avoid spooks and scares can watch the family-friendly Hulu Original, Madagascar: A Little Wild “A Fang-Tastic Halloween” special from DreamWorks Animation, starting October 21st. After hearing spooky rumors about the new habitat resident – A BAT – Marty is determined to protect his friends from the newcomer. But when the bat helps him out of a tough situation, Marty learns it’s better to get to know someone rather than judge them on false stereotypes.
Additional Original Huluween content not to be missed includes Babak Anvari’s Wounds starring Armie Hammer, Zazie Beetz and Dakota Johnson, the hilarious zombie flick Little Monsters starring Lupita Nyong’o and Josh Gad, and 22 hair-raising installments of the thriller/horror event series Into the Dark from prolific, award-winning producer Jason Blum’s Blumhouse Television.
Dare to Enter the Drive-in Theater and Visit “The Screamlands”
For Los Angeles-based Halloween fans, Hulu is hosting a drive-in theater event filled with frights and delights, including an immersive haunted drive-through, the L.A. premiere of Bad Hair, and (s)care packages for all attendees over the course of four nights. The event will run from October 22nd-25th at the LA Equestrian Center and will feature screenings of Hocus Pocus, Hulu Original Books of Blood, Beetlejuice, I Know What You Did Last Summer and Carrie (1976). Music superstar DJ D-Nice will open the weekend with a performance at the Bad Hair premiere on Thursday, and will return again to close out the experience on Sunday, truly making this a must-attend event. Halloween fans can request tickets at huluween.com beginning Monday, September 28th. Tickets are limited to 150 cars per screening.
Finally, all Huluween fans are invited to visit The Screamlands, Hulu’s first-ever online haunted immersive experience. Beginning Thursday, October 8th, visitors 18 years and older can travel through the immersive, 360-degree online experience that features five scream-inducing rooms like “Bad Hair Hellway” and “Huluween Hall” which include spooky surprises behind every turn.
See what else is on TV for Halloween 2020 here!
For more Halloween news, follow @HalloweenDaily.