The first five Halloween movies are all getting deluxe new 4K Ultra HD releases this September from Scream Factory.
Officially announced today, the new 4K Collectors Editions include John Carpenter’s Halloween (1978), Halloween II (1981), Halloween III: Season of the Witch (1982), Halloween 4: The Return of Michael Myers (1988), and Halloween 5: The Revenge of Michael Myers (1989).
Here are the early details from the official announcement:
• All five films will receive all-new HD transfers from their original camera negatives (Parts 1-3 are approved and supervised by cinematographer Dean Cundey). This marks the debut of Parts 2-5 to the UHD format.
• All will sport a new 7.1 Dolby Atmos audio tracks!
• For a limited time only, all five releases will come packaged in a rigid slipcase featuring newly commissioned art from artist Joel Robinson. The wrap on the UHD case inside will showcase this art too but is also reversible if you’d like to showcase the original theatrical poster art if you prefer.
• A Blu-ray disc (sporting the new transfers) will be included in each release as well as some previously existing bonus features. Potentially more are in progress and we’ll update you in the future with those details when they come in.
In addition to the excitement, Scream Factory is offering several exclusives (while supplies last) to fans who order from shoutfactory.com. You can click here to view them all in one page and to pre-order:
1. OFFER # 1: A poster featuring newly commissioned cover art from artist Joel Robinson included with each 4K UHD purchase.
2. OFFER #2: For the first three films, a 7” vinyl (from Sacred Bones Records) featuring newly recorded music from John Carpenter + UHD & and poster
3. OFFER #3: Contains all five films on 4K UHD, all five posters, and all three new 7” vinyl records.
4. OFFER #4: And finally, for the most fervent of Halloween fans, there is the ultimate offer! This contains all five films on 4K UHD, all five posters, and all three new 7” vinyl records — plus an exclusive limited edition set of five enamel pins in a collectible box (from our partners at Gutter Garbs).
These new 4K UHD Collector’s Editions will be released on September 28. Order yours from Scream Factory here.
You can view the new cover art for each film below.
For more Halloween news, follow @HalloweenDaily.